Marty gave me a valuable lecture for writing. Thank you Marty! Before prewriting, I have been struggling to pick a topic up to write. A lot of thoughts fly around my head, but I can’t catch one of them. Because, it seems that they are impossible to connect each other because they didn’t have any relation between them. If I can’t catch anything to concentrate, all thoughts disappear without meaning or purpose.
At last class, to proceed from CHAOS to ORDER, I started to jot down some words about aesthetics from reading this blog. After I finished leaving my thoughts on a paper, I made an order with main topics and fleshed out them based on my experience or insights. While I am writing to make an order, my meaningless thoughts spinning around my head also get a their own significance.
Through this process, I have thought that design, which make structures and arrange a sequence with what didn’t defined yet, is one of the important roles of design. I had a stereotype that design which intends to make a totally brand-new thing only change the world. However, I realized that it could be a good design method to provide a way, which grant meanings to what have been existing without any relationship each other and suggest new ways to have people use and utilize existing one for their own purpose.
I have just come out from chaos to order my design thinking. But, I have no idea that how can I do it with David Bowie 🙂 Is there anyone who can explain briefly that David Bowie stands for?
- Why We Turn Away
- Should the critical-interpretavist researchers of CHI leave the design subcommunity?
- The Materiality of Research Practice
- Critiquing Scholarly Positions
- A Dark Pattern in Humanistic HCI
- The “Knowledge as a By-Product of Artistic Practice is Still Not Research” Objection to My “Criterial Knowledge” Post
- The Criterial Knowledge Argument for Research Through Design
- Research Through Design: A Humanistic Conception
- HCI as “Core” or “Relation”?
- An Erotics of Research
Melissa on The Logic of Foucault’s… Kristina Höök on Should the critical-interpreta… jeffreybardzell on Should the critical-interpreta… Paul Dourish on Should the critical-interpreta… 霍達葦訓練企業有限公司 (USBCT) on Macro & Micro